Wednesday 14 March 2012

My vintage treasure bag

Hello, my dear  stamping friends! Irit is here again and this time with my vintage altered Kraft bag.
Those Tim Holtz  brown bags are so inviting to alter them in this perfect vintage style and TRC Vintage treasures  stamps set was just so perfect  for this bag.
First I stamped the bag with 2 big background  print stamps from the set, using Brown Mixed Media  Truffle ink and then I inked it around with  Tim Holtz distress green ink.
The tags are  from Basic Grey and they  were bright and shiny and had nothing to do with  mute vintage style. But wait! After I stamped those other vintage stamps from the same set with the same brown and green inks and heat embossed them with Clear embossing powder, it just changed the whole picture. Now those tags are vintage and fit this project just perfect.
I made a cluster of all 3 stamped tags, added some vintage seam binding ribbons from Really Reasonable Ribbons shop (we have a blog hop with them next month, but I ordered much more ribbons to use before and after). A bit of RRR lace was pleated under the biggest stamped tag.
I made a stamped title with the last stamp from this set over another tag and then some more shabby embellishments were added all around (the gold buttons is a real vintage, all other items are from scrap supplies. The last one was this bottle cap with epoxy cover (Bottle Caps Co.)

Then I decided to stop... Even if less is not more with me, this was too much already .
And them I added some Cream  Pearl Pen touches  over the stamped butterfly. I can't stop, sorry.
One last word: I used TRC most perfect Scrap Happy Glue  for this project and the One-&- only tape  to pleat my piece of lace and it glues metal and button and just close to everything. 
And the bag is totally  made for use: great for some small jewelry piece present inside.


Hope I inspired you a bit this time .
See you next week with my new project. I think I am going to scrap nest  time, but not sure yet. Too many  fabulous stamps to pick from and very hard to decide.
Have a great day!
I enter this project
Handmade- gift bag- for Great Impressions challenge

6 comments:

Lydia said...

Beatiful tag! Love those soft coulours with the kraft. So glad you played along with us at Frosted Designs!

Sassy said...

Stunning! Love the colors and all the dimension. Thanks for playing with Frosted Designs!

Jenny said...

This is just so sweet and pretty - the bows and butterfly really set it off nicely! Again :) Thank you for sharing your talent with Great Impressions Stamps!

Deloris said...

Gorgeous tag! Love it! Thanks for entering the challenge at Great Impressions!

Shanna Shands said...

Love all the different elements.

Angela said...

Pretty tag! I laughed when you said "...this was too much already." and then in the next line you added something else! I understand...

Another wonderful entry for the Great Impressions' Monthly Challenge!

Popular Posts