Tuesday 24 April 2012

Window of opportunity

 This card was published in SNR April/May 2012 issue
My new card or maybe it's just a small project with this most gorgeous Windows set from The Rubber Cafe.
I used Crate papers for my basic layers and   the fun stamping on this card.


First of all I stamped those wood shades stamp with brown ink , heat embossed it with clear embossing powder, cut  into halves and colored with Tea Die and Vintage Photo distress stains. Then I stamped the window over the flower paper and trimmed it to the size. The same window stamp was used again, this time on TRC  white paper , clear powder embossed and hand cut. I layered it over the flower window and glued with 3D glue.
Then I stamped a couple of Grandma's Doilies over a thin acetate (some stickers back recycling) with White Staze-On ink and made a curtain with this piece over the window. A small piece of recycled wood was added with One and Only tape to keep all this construction in one piece.


I stamped a sentiment from this stamp set over another wood piece with Truffle Mixed Media Ink- it works just great over the wood too.
I made flower  pots from texured cardstock, free hand cuts, inked a bit around with the same brown ink and then glued some small Petaloo flowers with Scrap Happy Glue.




It was pretty much of work actually, as the hand cut of the window was not so easy after all and I maybe did it 5-6 times, but I like the final result.


1 comment:

Pete Boland said...

Lovely design Irit. Unfortunately only one entry per person is allowed on the PP Challenge Blog as per the rules of entry, therefore your last two entries will be deleted. Your original entry however will be included in the draw.

Regards
Pete
PanPastel UK Blog Administrator

Popular Posts