Tuesday 18 September 2012

Altered tin to use as a magnet

Sometimes I have this passion to alter a very small items and this mint tin is such an item. Hard to fit a lot of staff inside or outside, but I think I really like the final result of this Mixed Media piece.
This is a closed tin

I covered the lid with some tissue  recycled paper, then added some TH tissue tape, then covered with more tissue and then added some TH stickers and some 7 Gypsies tape over and a key. Then I  added some EYELET OUTLET brads, ART letters from AC Thickers covered it with ICE RESIN layer and then, when it was dry, I splashed a few " blood drops" with red paint. The title says that art is a wonderful lifetime adventure. And then I worked inside:
You can use this opened too.
I added those Imagine-Inspire and Timeless words over   for vision (light), writing (pen ) and time and covered it with a very think layer of Ice resin to keep all parts inside forever.
I enter this to Symon says stamp and show " use tape" challenge
I also enter this to Anything goes for Heck of a challenge

6 comments:

anat goldich said...

ניפלא

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

What a fabulous miniature piece of art. Love the tiny paint brush, love your use of tape and the ART letters . Love how you have decorated the inside too. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Candy C said...

Your recycled tin is wonderful! I love all of the wonderful layers you've done to the background of the top. The tissue and tape looks fantastic! I also love your designs on the inside and outside! Very very creative and "artsy". Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Terry said...

Ohhh your tin looks fabuloso Love what you did with it, fabby colors and the background of the top is great too, thank you for sharing with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, hugs terry xxxx

Sonia said...

Wonderful creation ^_^
Thanks for joining us at Heck of a Challenge this month and good luck.
DT Sonia
http://passionidicarta-sonia.blogspot.it/

Next time please no word verification)

Unknown said...

wow what amzing detail!! thanks for joining us with our 1st challenge at 'a heck of a challenge xx'

Popular Posts