Wednesday 22 May 2013

Celebrate childhood: GJS Arrow album

Hello my dear crafty friends!
Today I am going to show you my first project made as Genuinely Jane Studios DT member (I made a couple, but it was for product swap with my other teams as I didn't get my DT goodies till now).
So my  wooden mini album today is an Arrow one and I love this shape a lot: so trendy, so easy to cut and to cover with paper, so  easy to make it " any occasion" album.
I made this  mini album with my dear grandson's studio photos and the banners, colors and a cupcake in his hands were  my main inspiration for colors, patterns and embellishments of this mini.


 I used Bo Bunny papers to cover all wooden pages; inked around and used stencils with white gesso  on every front page.
Here is my cover and I tried to keep it as flat as possible and with no success after all. I used this Art stencil from CWS over this cover, added a chipboard banner from Tando Creative covered with washi tapes and some K&Co due cuts.  My title was covered with glitter embossing powder and I added some more small home die cuts and blings.


The back sides of all pages are mostly photos and some washi tapes around.Now you can see the photo colors and banners and cupcake on the photo.


My second page front was stencilled with Artistcellar Seven Jewels stencil with  gesso and misted with Dylusions Lemon Zest  mist.Then I added those chipboard Tando cupcakes covered with Liquid Applique  brown paint and Art Anthology Sorbet Frost paint.A bit of chunky glitter and one red Dew Drop as a cherry were great finish for those cupcakes . The sticker sentiment is from Fancy Pants and is for " sweet" cupcake or other memories.




The second photo is very similar to the first.


My third front page is for " perfect": my grandson is such a perfect little guy.
Here I used CWS Numbers stencil and Calipso Teal Dylusions mist over a dark paper with one single BB 3d sticker as a title of the page.


Another photo was glued on the back.


The last front page: another Artistcellar stencil Flower of Life with Dylusions   Bubblegum pink mist and a chipboard Happy word covered with blue glitter.



So this was my lovely  Arrow mini album.
And if you want to make a very similar one, just go to GJS shop and pick your favorite shape. So easy, so fancy, so much fun to make one.
And for one more day there is 35% sale in the shop!  You need to see to believe as  those prices are  the best for all kinds of mediums, mists, inks ,GJS most gorgeous wooden mini albums and much much more!
And now for some web challenges I enter this project to:
Birthdays for Quick Quotes
Pearls - on the cover rings and huge ones- for Papernest dolls
 Stencils for Artastic

15 comments:

Jane said...

Gorgeous little mini album Irit. You can certainly tell you have put a lot of love and effort into this.

Elaine said...

Cute little album, suits the cuteness of your grandson. Beautiful work.

Barb Craft said...

WOW! What a stunning Mini!! I love all the details on it! Thanks for joining us for the Quick Quotes challenge this month!

barb :)

DebiJ said...

Wow, oh I just could do with one of those cup cakes now...they are so life like Irit!
Gorgeous album, love your stencil work & embellishments. How sweet!
Thanks for playing along at ARTastic with us.

Unknown said...

Such a lovely mini album and oh so much detail! Love the stenciling. Great job. Thanks for entering at ARTastic. Blessings

Mrs Rogers said...

What a lovely album you have created, so much beautiful details using masks and lots of other embellishments.
Thanks for sharing this work with us and entering it in the May Artastic challenge.

Lisa said...

This turned out beautifully! And your grandson is adorable! I'm going to repost on the AC FB page so everyone can see :-)

Unknown said...

Great Album, love it! Thank you for playing along at ARTastic

Katie said...

Beautiful birthday min, Irit! I love all the attention to detail in your design. Thank you for joining us for Quick Quotes May Friday challenge!

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Awesome mini for our birthday challenge! This is adorable. so glad you joined us in our latest challenge at Quick Quotes!

wendyp said...

What an adorable mini album!! Thanks for playing along with this month's Quick Quotes challenge!

Tone-Lill said...

A fantastic and cute little mini album . Love the way you used the stencils. Thanks for joing in on the May challenge over at ARTastic using maskes / stencils :) x

mytawnyinspirations said...

Irit, this is a delightful mini-album. There is so much to look at. Great use of stencilling / masking for the backgrounds Cheers, Di

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Irit your album has so many bits of delicious to enjoy. The cupcakes were a standout. Thank you for joining us at ARTastic this month!

Shazza said...

Great work Irit!

Popular Posts