Monday 27 October 2014

It's clear All about me

Hello my dear crafty friends!
This is my second mini album made with the most gorgeous Sherlock mini book collection from Meg's Garden.
As you may understand  from this collection's name it's mostly vintage /masculine line of papers.
But then who says you can't  make a girly mini album with the very same papers?  Not me!
And as I already challenged  myself to make a girly mini album, I challenged myself  second time   to make it about myself.


As a fact: I am the most non photogenic person on the Earth.  I maybe have 5 good photos in the last 10 years. But then why not to give it a try? So I picked 5 pretty recent photos from our  trip to Cyprus and made 5 paged acrylic mini album ALL ABOUT ME.
Making acrylic album was the third self challenge: the papers are single sided  and you need to cover the ugly white with the same  size of paper on the back. Then you want to see something clear and maybe even to see layers of photos. And the best possible glue for acrylic pages is not the best " non seen" one.
So here is an overall look of my album:


I made some textured paste swirls over the clear spaces left after I made a cluster of Sherlock's tag on my cover. I added a flowers cluster on the corner, some metal trinkets and a chipboard title covered with red embossing powder.


The inside of the cover page has this envelope pocket that it good for anything you want to keep  inside:  ephemera  or just your thoughts.
I added the trim to cover the " ugly white" left from the cover  paper cluster and added a doily and a transparent clock just for the interest.


The first page has this very small photo glued from the back side of this page and covered with a small paper circle on the front.


Again, this is the back of this page and it was made to cover the white side of the previous paper. I made my only journalling over this page.


The next page has the back glued photo and the front paper frame .


The back of this third  page is a classic paper- border- photo- embellishment page.


This forth page is the most " clear" one and I wanted it to stay this way. And this is  how it looks with the next, fifth page on the back.


This is how the third, previous page, looks from the forth back...



Th last , fifth page , from the front side


The back cover has another envelope for more " memories" to keep.


Products used from  Meg's Garden
Sherlock mini book kit
Paper flowers
Fabric flower
Metal trinkets
 Doily
Transparency Butterflies
Transparency Clocks
 Chain Tim Holtz
More things from the grab bag that was sent to me

Other:
Chipboard title- A2Z Scraplets
Ribbon with pearls, pearls- Prima

No comments:

Popular Posts