Saturday 30 May 2015

Art in the tin



Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my  new art adventure. This time I made an ART TIN.
This is just a way to contribute to my love to art with this small, but yet very artistic  altered tin creation.
The plain  silver metal tin was the beginning. First I altered the lid using Rubber Dance stamps with pigmented Crafter's Clearsnap ink and black embossing powder. This was not the usual way to stamp over bare metal. The usual way is to use solvent  permanent inks. But then isn't art an experiment? So this was my new experiment and it worked!
 The stamps I used were from different Rubber Dance sets, but all the sets are totally " artsy".
 The face was from Collage Mix set.
 The Bingo card from Art Backgrounds 2 set.
 The G 53 token from Collage Elements 1 set.
 I also used a nature branch stamp from  Vintage Birds set.
 After I stamped the images and heat embossed them I added a mix of Ranger alcohol inks over the lid  to make this artistic painted background.
 The Art title was made with Makin's Clay white air dry clay and stamping into the wet clay. I use  small Art word from Da Vinci set and then colored it with one of my alcohol inks and glued over with a good jewelry clay.

Now I moved to the inside of my art tin. First I stamped the left panel and the half of right  panel. The stamping was made over white thick cardstock with the same pigmented ink and the same embossing black powder. I picked the small artistic stamps  that fir the tin size and added parts of big backgrounds.
The art doll image is from Collage elements 1 set.
 The music background is a part of a very large  Music notes background stamp.
The  text is a part of Collage mix set.
On the right side I stamped  artistic Number strip with the very same text background. Both stamped pieces were inked with  a bit of alcohol inks leftovers.
Then I added the artistic trinkets inside the box.
The three faces were made with silicone mold and Makin's Clay  White clay. I inked all  dried faces with some alcohol ink and gave them this funny colored look.  Both  sides of the tin were covered with a thin layer of ETI  Easy Cast resin and some more trinket were added inside: a chain, Tim Holtz token, some metal parts and an old broken paint brush.You don't need any glue to fix them all inside the tin if you use clear resin as your sealer.




And is my beauty again!
Can you use it for something? Maybe. Is it pretty? Sure. Is it the real Art? Most probably...







1 comment:

Carol said...

Love this Irit, it's a fabulous transformation. Carol x

Popular Posts