Friday 15 May 2015

King of Steampunkland




Hello my dear crafty friends!
Irit is here and I welcome  you to my new ETI post.
Today I am going to share the easy and fun way to make your resin lovely Steampunk doll. Actually my doll is a King of  Steampunkland and was even sits on his throne, as you can see.

So here  is the product list:
Metal pieces- from here and there and some Tim Holtz
Micro beads- Martha Stewart
Chipboard- Creative Embellishments
Clear embossing ink
Embossing powder- WOW! Embossing Powders
Face mold
Copper wire


Easy steps to make this project:

1.Spray Mold Release Conditioner over the big and small molds; let them dry and repeat the procedure. This step is very important as releasing your casted pieces from this kind of mold can be mission impossible without this Release Conditioner.
 Mix a  total of 4 Oz (2+2) from Easy Cast Resin and mix it according to manufacturer's instructions. Add a couple of drops of Amber pigment to your mixed liquid resin  and mix it for a few second. Put a few small metal pieces inside the molds and add  resin over. Sprinkle a few copper micro beads on the top of your filled mold. Let them dry for at least 24 hours. The more- the better.


2. Release the shapes from the molds and trim the backside with a sharp knife if needed.(Sometimes we have those small leftovers and we need to trip a piece from the back)

3. Now for the fun part: make your art doll with all casted pieces and much more.
First I heat embossed the background chipboard with glitter  teal embossing powder. Then I glued the doll body over the chipboard with jewelry glue.All  outer metal pieces were colored with alcohol ink to get this copper look (most of them were in silver). I made the face using ETI Jewelry Clay and  faces mold and painted it (when it was totally dry) with blue alcohol ink.I then made a couple of copper wire spirals and glued all metal pieces over the resin body.



Look how cute he is! He is sure a King!
Should I make his Queen? Maybe I will when I find more metal trinkets to use.










4 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

I've just been scrolling through, admiring your incredible work! Welcome to the STAMPlorations team. I can't wait to see the creations you have in store for us! Off to hit the follow button. :)

maria f. said...

Oh so cool to have you as part of the STAMPlorations team, Irit. Congrats and welcome.

Monika Skinner said...

Just saying 'hello'. Congratulations and welcome to the STAMPlorations team! X

Julie B said...

Just popped by to say hi and welcome you to the STAMPlorations team. :)

Popular Posts