Thursday 21 July 2016

Live to create and Create ot live art tag




Hello my dear crtfty friends and welcome to my very first post made for Susan K. Weckesser blog.
This month we, the designers, were asked to make something with houses. So this is my first post for the theme and I just decided to make a nice and creative tag.
Here is a small tutorial I made for you.
1. Make the basic Kraft cardstock tag and add the second tag, a bit smaller size, made from Susan K. Weckesser cardstock named Color Burst.
 the edges with Susan's new Clearsnap Color Pop Mini inks. On this photo I used the Ice one, but later I added the Kiss ink too.
Glue the cardstock tag over the Kraft one and make a hole on the top for the ribbons.



2. Stamp some flowers with Susan's  Unity Celebration of Simple stamp . This set includes 4 flags, but I just wanted the  flowers for this tag. I used Susan's Color Pop Mini Mystery Archival Dye ink  and I didn't try to make the nice stamping as this is just a background add- ons to the patterned cardstock.


3. Mask Tando flat house shaped chipboards with some tape (washi or painter's one, whatever you have) and stamp the lines with another  Susan's stamp from the same  Celebration of Simple stamp set. This time I used clear embossing ink and heat embossed the roof lines with black embossing powder.




4.Cut two cardstock pieces from Susan' s Color Burst  cardstock (the back side this time) and glue them over the houses front.
Paint the roof of each house with Color Pop  Mini Kiss ink, ink the edges of those houses too and heat emboss with clear embossing powders.


5. From this step and on I didn't make any step by step photos as it's clear visible.
I hand cut two sentiment strips using Susan's Live in Color Tags cardstock and inked the edges with the same Kiss  ink.
The small doors and windows chipboards were heat embossed with white embossing powder and glued over the houses.
I also added the white chipboard fence. Both houses were  adhered over the tag and I added some hand cut cardstock  banners under the sentiment.


The double ribbon was tied on the top.



And yes- in my house I live to create and create to live!

I hope you liked my small tutorial and see you in a few days with another Houses inspiration.

Product list- non Susan K. Weckesser products
Kraft cardstock- craft shop
Chipboards- Tando Creative
Embossing powder- WOW! Embossing Powders
Ribbon- May Arts
Clear embossing ink- Tsukineco
Heat gun
Adhesives

No comments:

Popular Posts