Thursday 29 September 2016

Mixed Media canvas with BoBunny

Hello my dear crafty friends!
Irit is here today and this is my take for BoBunny Mixed media  day using the most lovely Sweet Moments collection.
Mixed Media is a lot of things. These can be art pages, tags, alterations, but the most known are art canvases. So as my first Mixed Media post for BoBunny I decided to make a 10*10''  altered canvas in scrapbooking style.
It's so easy when you have a lovely photo and the best ever BoBunny products!
So my two adorable 3 and 5 years old grand children are the humane stars of this canvas and all BoBunny products are the real stars of this creation.

Sweet Moments Mixed Media canvas by Irit Shalom


The whole canvas was covered with BoBunny gesso and when it was dry I added texture using two BoBunny stickable stencils: Flower Power and Lace (the lace border only).
As I was short of texture paste I just made mine using BoBunny gesso with a small amount of Plaster of Paris (this you can buy for cents in each and every Home store).
When the texture was dry I added a mix of BoBunny  Mixed media products.
The greens over the background are a small portions of Mint Glimmer Spray.
The pinks around are Tutut Pearlescents that I just added with my messy fingers.
The golds are both Gold Glimmer spray and Gold Glitter paste.
Believe me- my hands were really messy as I work with hands  only while doing my Mixed Media backgrounds.
Remember to let each color / medium to be totally dry before you add another color, unless you want a brown messy look.
I added a few strips of lovely patterned paper from Sweet Moments collection and I didn't even use any glue.Just add the strips over wet mediums (gesso or texture paste) and add a thin layer of gesso over the strips.

The matting for the photo was made with Sweet Moments Misc Me Journal contents  and this is a time to say that those jorunalling cards are just perfect for any project and  not intended to be for Misc Me projects only.


The main embellishment cluster was made with Noteworthy pieces and then the largest Sweet Moments Layered chipboard sticker was added as the title of my art piece.
The yellowish flowers are from Noteworthy pack and I just colored them with Gold and Tutu Pearlescent to change a color and to add a bit more  gold over the canvas.
As the final embellishment touch I added just a small piece of Frosting Jewels.
Tou can also see the wide areas of crackled texture on this photo and around the whole canvas.
Those corners were made with BoBunny Crackle primer and Cracle White paste and covered with the same mediums as the stencilled areas and this was the later add- on.



The photo was embellished with Noteworty tab and a few Combo stickers made the sub- title of this canvas.


And then I decided to add some die cut swirls to connect the photo with the title in a more combined way.
So a couple of swirls were die cut with BoBunny Flourish die.
Some Emerald rhinestones were the final touch of this piece.
And as you can see I didn't stamp! And nothing happened. You can do a Mixed Media art without stamping. (This was a message for all of those who are afraid to add stamping over the background and to ruin the already finished background. So I was afraid to ruin it and decided not to you stamps at all.)






Sweet Moments Mixed Media canvas by Irit Shalom

Product list:
BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Sweet Moments -Tempting, Scrumptious, Divine
Stickers: Sweet Moments Combo Stickers
Noteworthy: Sweet Moments
Chipboard: Sweet MomentsChipboard,Sweet Moments Layered Chipboard
Stamps: Stained Textures
Misc Me Contents: Sweet Moments Journal Contents
Jewel Flourishes: Frosting Jewels
Dot Jewels: Emerald
Dies: Florish dies
Stencil:Flower Power,Lace
Gesso: White
Crackle Primer
Crackle White
Pearlescents: Tutu, Gold
Glimmer Spray: Mint
Glitter Paste: Gold, Tutu



No comments:

Popular Posts